Niagara 4.10u1 is Released!*
Tridium are pleased to announce the general availability of Niagara Framework 4.10u1. This release is an update build to their Long-Term Support (LTS) version Niagara 4.10 and includes security updates to third-party libraries, along with fixes to critical defects reported from the field. We hope you will upgrade soon to take advantage of all that is built into Niagara 4.10 as detailed below.
NEW IN NIAGARA 4.10u1
- System Database Support for Tag Based PX: Niagara 4.6 introduced System Database which dramatically decreases the amount of time to integrate remote Niagara Network stations into a Supervisor. Tag-based PX binding was introduced in Niagara 4.9 enabling users to develop graphics once, and then re-use them across stations. Niagara 4.10 marries these two powerful solutions together to reduce the amount of time spent engineering your enterprise sites and to give you more time to spend providing value to the customer.
- Improved Graphics Performance on the JACE: Utilize their new UX Media type to achieve faster graphics load time and enable instantaneous feedback on changing values. Niagara 4.10 will help you convert your existing PX graphics to a contemporary UI, based on browser standards via a built-in migration tool!
- Video Surveillance Viewer: Niagara 4.9 brought a number of improvements to their video processing capabilities (alarming, HTML5 views, streaming live and recorded video in browsers or mobile). In Niagara 4.10 we continue to build out the functionality by updating the Surveillance Viewer to enable functionality such as setting up and saving video layouts and clicking on any video stream to view a single camera.
- HTML-5 Tag Manager: New HTML-5 Tag Manager provides a modern and intuitive design which enables a more efficient overall tagging workflow. Provides features such as bulk tagging via a browser, context sensitive tagging, seamlessly viewing direct and implied tags, exporting all tags to a spreadsheet for templating and ongoing management, drag-n-drop functionality, and more! Read the white paper on Tagging Niagara Components using Standard Dictionaries and Ontologies.
- Bulk Certificate Signing Tool: New Workbench tool that improves certificate signing experience. Sign one or multiple certificates in bulk with the same CA and also generate signed certificates in PKCS7 format for compatibility with browsers.
- MQTT Updates: A new MQTT Authenticator enabling JWT authentication (Google) enables seamless connectivity for Google-Cloud based applications.
- ACE on Third-Party Hardware: Originally released in 4.8 for Edge 10, the ACE deterministic engine is now available to third-party vendors for inclusion in their own controllers powered by Niagara. Look for announcements from your favorite ‘Powered By Niagara’ controller as ACE is rolled out!
- Supervisor Edge Licensing Scheme for Niagara Network Connections: Introducing a new licensing schema which allows you to connect 10 times more Edge devices that are using the Niagara stack to a Supervisor for the same price.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- Learn more about Niagara 4.10u1 by downloading the features overview and release notes.
- Get familiar with the breaking changes* with Niagara 4.10 release – Escaping by default in SpyWriter, Keystore Permission Checks and Security Policy Support.
- Review the upgrade considerations* prior to upgrading to Niagara 4.10u1.
- Review the support start and end dates for current and legacy versions of Niagara Framework.
- See what exciting features have been added since Niagara 4.0.
ANNOUNCING NIAGARA ENTERPRISE SECURITY 4.10u1
Niagara Enterprise Security 4.10u1 brings updated cyber security and visualisation enhancements included in the Niagara 4.10u1 framework release to your security customers. Version upgrades are available with purchase of a software maintenance agreement, or an active software maintenance agreement.
PhotoID viewer has been updated to use HTML5 in the browser UI. The PhotoID viewer compares a badge photo with live video for visual verification. This viewer can add an extra level of security for sensitive or high-security areas.
Niagara Touch wall mounted display is now available. Niagara Touch display is a versatile wall-mounted display that is a functional replacement for the security intrusion keypad and can also be used for other applications such as environmental and lighting control, alarm annunciation, and informational display. The Niagara Enterprise Security 4.10u1 build includes a sample PX page configured for intrusion keypad functionality. View the Niagara Touch Display Data Sheet for more information.
As a reminder, Niagara Security JACE 6xx models are now End-of-Life (EOL) as of July 1, 2021. This is consistent with Niagara AX EOL date for all Niagara AX Tridium products.