RS-485 Option Card for use with OpenConnect Gateways
Dual port, optically isolated RS-485 adapter, with two 3-position, removable screw-terminal connector plugs.
Up to 2 RS-485 option cards may be installed.
• If one RS-485 option in Option Slot 1, ports are COM3 and COM4.
• If two RS-485 options, ports are COM3 and COM4 for Option Slot 1, and COM5 and COM6 for Slot 2.
• If one RS-485 option in Option Slot 2, ports are COM3 and COM4 (unless Option Slot 1 has an NPB-232 option card, in which case the ports are COM4 and COM5).
The are four LEDs that are visible on the top of the NPB‐2X‐485 option card (cover must be removed from JACE‐2).
The label on the NPB‐2X‐485 end plate notes these four LEDs as “TX” and “RX”
The two LEDs for each port are described as follows:
• TX (yellow) — Transmit, indicates that the JACE‐2 is sending data to a device connected on the RS‐485 trunk.
• RX (green) — Receive, indicates that the JACE‐2 is receiving data from a device connected on the RS‐485 trunk
Delivery in approximately 2-5 working days (subject to availability)